PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
This Digital Inclusion Pilot Broadband service is a shared network provided by the City of Santa Monica, for your personal usage and convenience only. The City reserves the right to monitor usage of this service and to terminate this service, either temporarily or permanently, at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Your usage of this service is subject to the Disclaimer and Broadband Use Restrictions as set forth in the License Agreement. By clicking on the “Pay Now” button, you agree to be bound by the following terms of the License Agreement.
This Digital Inclusion Pilot Broadband service is provided “AS IS” and should be used at your own risk. It is the responsibility of each user to protect their computer against any potential abuse such as viruses, breach of privacy and any other problems associated with the use of this service. The City assumes no responsibility for any direct or indirect damages arising from the use of this service. This service is available to the general public at participating Digital Inclusion Pilot locations, and is NOT INHERENTLY SECURE. The City cannot and does not guarantee the privacy of your data and communication while using the service. There are potentially serious security issues with any computer connected to the Internet without the appropriate protection, ranging from viruses, worms, and other programs that can damage the user’s computer, to attacks on the computer or access of your computer by unauthorized or unwanted third parties. By using this service, you acknowledge and knowingly accept the potentially serious risks of accessing the Internet over an unsecured network. It is recommended that users take steps to protect their own computer system, such as installing current anti-virus software and maintaining appropriate firewall protection. You also agree to indemnify and hold the City harmless for any loss or damage to the City arising out of or resulting from your use of this service. The City disclaims any and all liability whatsoever arising out of or resulting from your usage of this service, content on the Internet, and the use and dissemination of such content.
DIGITAL INCLUSION PILOT BROADBAND USE REQUIREMENTS
The user agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations and ordinances (“Applicable Laws”) regarding your use of the Internet. The user agrees NOT to do any of the following:
- Use the Digital Inclusion Pilot Broadband in any manner which violates Applicable Laws;
- Interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment, including distributing unsolicited advertising, propagating computer worms or viruses, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to other computers.
- Transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property or harasses another individual.
- Sell products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial fraud such as “Pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” and “Chain Letters.”
- Add, remove or modify identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature are prohibited.
- Access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of the Digital Inclusion Pilot Broadband or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Resell, extend bridge or otherwise misuse Digital Inclusion Pilot Broadband connections and or services.
- Conduct any activity that adversely affects the ability of other people or systems participating in the Digital Inclusion Pilot to use Digital Inclusion Pilot Broadband services or the Internet.
- Engage in any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use City of Santa Monica Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DoS), “distributed denial of service” (DDoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited.